Ticket refunds & exchanges:
Need to cancel your trip or travel another day? Here’s how to change your tickets if you change your plans.
Got a Flexible ticket? Find out how to get a full or partial refund.
You can get a refund if :
In this privacy, the following definitions are used:
- You purchased a Flexible (refundable) fare
- You haven’t used your ticket.
- You’ve only used one half of a round-trip ticket (when the outbound OR return part of the ticket is completely unused, you’ll get the unused half of the ticket refunded).
You can’t get a refund if:
- You have partially used both parts of a round-trip ticket.
- You’ve lost your ticket (if you bought your ticket online you can print another one here).
- The train is late (unfortunately, things like traffic, weather and mechanical problems mean we can’t guarantee our arrival or departure times). Use Amtrak.com(link opens in a new tab) to check the status of your train now.
- You already bought a full price ticket but you’re entitled to a discounted ticket (we can’t refund you the discount – you need to ask for the discount when you buy the ticket).